Bought a haier 42 inch plasma tv and in 13 months died on us.After emailing and calling haier they said it is out of warranty and would not help one bit. i called for three weeks trying to get something done but nothing.

Finally took it to a authorized dealer and for 55.00 they found it has a bad main board and not worth fixing.What a waste of 800.00 dollars.

We went and bought a Panasonic tv and very happy with it, you can really tell the difference in quality. Beware don't spend your money on a haier it is not worth it.I will never buy anything from haier again

Comments

Detroit, Michigan, United States #865264

We have the same problem. We bought a 42 inch and ours died in about the same amount of time.

I was online checking for a TV repair shop when I saw your message. Thanks for the info.

M

SAME STORY AS EVERYBODY ELSE HERE, REPAIR GUY SENT TO HOUSE, ORDERS PARTS, INSTALLS AND STILL DIDNT WORK. MOTHER BOARD BAD AFTER 5 MONTHS OF MY 42" HAIER TV.

COMES BACK, TAKES PICTURES OF TV THEN SENDS TO HAIER. HAIER PROMISES NEW REPLACEMENT WILL SHIP UPON RECEIPT OF SHIPMENT OF OLD TV FROM FEDEX. WRONG! THEY WAIT FOR TV TO GET THERE WEEKS LATER, THEN DONT SEND NEW ONE YET.

THEY CANT FIND EMAIL OF PROOF OF PURCHASE! FIRST WRONG EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN BY THEM, THEN THEY CANT FIND MINE. I SPELL MY EMAIL OUT, THEY GET IT WRONG, CALL AGAIN AND THEY GET IT WRONG AGAIN AND COULD NOT FIND AGAIN! FINALLY THEY FIND IT, I'LL GET TV IN 7 TO 10 DAYS.

WRONG! CALL AGAIN, PROOF OF PURCHASE WASNT VALIDATED.

5 WEEKS LATER STILL NO TV AFTER OVER A DOZEN CALLS WITH NO RETURN CALLS FOR ANY PROBLEMS AS PROMISED! AWFUL QUALITY AWFUL SERVICE!!!!!!!

THANKS I WAS THINKING OF GETTING ONE OF THESE TV'S GOOD THING I CHECKED THIS SITE..

Never-ever buy this company's ***! Purchased a 32" TV in November 2011.

It died February 1, 2012. Called customer dis-service and was first told they will arrange for technician. After 2 weeks and no call from technician, called back and this time told that TV will be replaced. Another 2 weeks and no TV called again and was told part are now available and will send to house and technician would call.

Parts arrived, technician called and came to house. Surprise! - Wrong parts. More waiting and at least 12 more phone call finally got agreement to have TV picked-up and replaced.

After 3 days and no pick-up called again and customer dis-service could not locate record of pick-up order. 2 days later pick-up was made and new TV was supposed to be sent out immediately upon pickup. That was 2 weeks ago. Called customer dis-service and they could not locate shipping record for replacement TV.

Promised to call me back next day. No call after 3 days. Called again today and promised that TV will ship today. Told them I'll call back for tracking number tomorrow.

Not holding my breath that they'll actually a tracking number or a reason why it probably did not ship.

Nearly 3 months now and still no TV. These people are crooks!

ne pas acheter moniteur haier ordinateur

aucunes pièces rechange dure 2 ans à tout casser

I bought a 32" L32D1120 on November 21st 2011 and 25 days later NO PICTURE! I still had sound.

Got a new replacement and the same problem within 10 days after receiving the replacement!

Never again! I got a full refund and have bought a TV from a totally different manufacturer

In my many years of purchasing electronics, Haier is by far the worst ever. Their warranty is only a piece of worthless paper.

I have a 32" Haier Tv that has so many defects it is almost funny. My first Tv broke immediately after I purchased it. After arguing, screaming at their so called customer service and Haier Corp. office.

They finally sent me a replacement TV. Guess what!!! It is defective also.

After months of more calls I am still stuck with a defective tv and nothing but runarounds from all Haier personnel. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING ANY CHINESE/HAIER PRODUCT.

i completely agree with all of the negative comments. i went through the same runarounds with Haier when my new 32" Haier TV broke.

It took me months and a lot of screaming and arguing with their so called customer support to get my issue resolved and to actually get a replacement TV.

Surprise, it is also defective and I am again going through the same runarounds. STAY AWAY FROM HAIER.

:( I tried going to the "customer service" dept. on line to get a question answered and put in all the required numerical answers just to be told to go online to the customer service dept.

If that isn't an old run around I don't know what is.

Most companies want repeat business...this company obviously doesn't and won't get mine!! Never again will I buy this crappy Chinese product.

i purchased a tv from them and it died after only 12 and one half months then come to find out from headquarters that there is no one in our area to even service that it will cost 230.00 to have it serviced somewhere of which he had no idea where so he said he will call me back in 24-48 hours won`t hold my breath waiting .don`t buy their products they suck as you can see by the long list of complaints when you go on their site. they need to be shut down. as a single mom this is very hard on me financially.

40in tv 2years old and dead....dont buy it dont even think it walk on buy...let them go out of business. It is too hard to make a living to buy junk

Well, its not just me! I purchased a 22" tv and less than a year later it has no picture.

Of course I contacted Haier's worthless customer service and received the same information about warranty expired except on parts. I wasnt able to find these imaginary repair people I was told to contact.

Worst product and customer service I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS COMPANY, AND WILL RECOMMEND TO ANYONE ELSE NOT TO EITHER!!!!

I found someone wanting to charge me $149 for a power supply that I ended up buying directly from China for 150 Yuan AKA $25!.

It worked like a charm!!

If anyone needs TV parts go to Taobao "google it". You may need a 3rd party buying agent but they only charge a single digit percentage which in the case of the power supply was $3

It's just a freaking shame that parts sellers in the States feel the need to scam our *** off. Big surprise our economy is going to ***.

I wish I had read up on Haier before last June when I bought a Haier 19" TV with DVD player through QVC. Was so happy to have a TV for the sewing room, didn't use it much but on March 3, 2010 it quit, no picture, no sound, no red or blue lights: no power, NOTHING.

I have made probably 50 phone calls to speak to very polite customer service people who have no power to do anything except mouth a scripted disclaimer, they will not give me any real information. I was told early on that there was no approved repair shop in my area and that I should take it to any reputable dealer, who then could be re-imbursed for parts still under warranty. I did this, paying almost the same as I had paid for the TV itself, including app. $90 for a new Power Supply PC board.

Now for two months I have been calling, faxing receipts and bills; trying to get reimbursed. When I call, I am put off for weeks or days while 'the proper' people wait to see the information I have faxed... they always want more and will come up with another request.

I'm wondering why I had to find a "reputable repair shop" when all but one shop I called refused to work on or even look at the Haier TV.

Today I have called Haier Customer Service only to be told that they want more documentation before they remimburse. I have nothing more, they have requested paperwork in a piecemeal fashion so that I can never have done enough to satisfy them.

DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCTS WITH THE NAME HAIER ON THEM! This company should be SHUT DOWN!