Update by user Feb 03, 2012

The item in question is a Wine Chiller.

Original review posted by user Feb 03, 2012

I bought a Haier HTVM12DABB for the size, free standing and dual zone features. It came out of the box and the lower zone went to full low temperature.

Per the instructions, I called the service department and was advised to reset the unit by unplugging it. I did so and even left it off for several hours with the same result. It would run at the correct temperature for a few days and run away again. Initially I was told that the unit would be replaced and to send in name plate and cut off plug.

I did so. Several calls later I was told that it was "Out of Stock" and that I could get a 16 bottle unit with 1 zone. I explained that due to space requirements, I could not use the counter top unit. After almost 2 months and 9 phone calls, in each of which I explained the space problems, a service department supervisor stated that the only options were a refund or the unacceptable unit.

They would not give me a 18 bottle unit or give me a price to upgrade to the bigger unit.

It appears to me that customer service is not high on Haier priority list. I will look for another unit from someone else.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 03, 2012.

Comments

How soon can I expect a response?

Haier Customer Experience

Thank you for sending the email Peref4. We are currently seeing what we can do.

Regards,

DTurner

Haier Customer Experience

Hello Peref4,

This is not our intended customer service experience. I apologize for your experience you have had with your wine cellar.

I would like to assist you with your issue. Please email me at customerexperience@warrantech.com with "Peref4 -Haier America Poor Customer Service" in the subject field. I will also need your ticket information and a contact info in the body of the email. I will get back with you once I receive your response.

My office hours are 9-6 CST Monday-Friday. Thanks!

D. Turner ~ Social Media Manager