I purchased a 55" tv and it was the biggest piece of garbage I have ever had the displeasure of owning. I am a person living with disabilities and had been saving for a tv so I could make my home a little more livable.

I came across an ad from Costco for 55" Haier tv's for $499.99 and thought wow! I can't believe my luck! I'm actually going to have a nice tv! I bought it and had it delivered to my home.

I gave my old tv to someone less fortunate in the spirit of Christmas only to discover that I just purchased the biggest, most expensive door stop ever.

I was without tv for 3 months because of this. Not ever going to forgive them or Costco.

Product or Service Mentioned: Haier Tv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 09, 2017.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1300759

Big box stores like Costco, Walmart, etc. love TVs like Haier, Element, etc.

because people love the low prices on them and this draws shoppers. The problem, however is that Haier, Element and others are junk and unreliable. You will do much better to spend a bit more and buy a name brand like Panasonic or even a Samsung. Look around for sales on them.

By the way, if you buy a telly that says it's a "smart TV" make sure you turn off the internet and go thru and turn off all the settings under the privacy section in the set up menu so they cannot watch you, listen to you or send you ads based on what you watch or say in front of the telly.

Actually, it's probably best to not buy a "smart tv" at all. Unless you don't care about your privacy.